The Ultimate Bangkok Nightlife Guide: What To Do At Night in Bangkok?
I know how overwhelming Bangkok can be at times.
And that's especially true when you talk about Bangkok Nightlife as it's constantly changing and there are always new bars and clubs opening.
But let's look at the bright side, whatever the definition of a good night out is for you, you'll find it in the city of angels.
Music festivals, cocktail bars, rooftop bars, gogo bars, some of the biggest nightclubs in Asia..
Bangkok has something for all types of nights, and for every budget.
So if like me you love to party, welcome to heaven, and follow my guide of Bangkok Nightlife to have the best experience.
What Are The Best Places To Go Out in Bangkok?
In my opinion, if you're in Bangkok only for a few nights and you want to see as much as you can, here are the places I would pick:
- 1 Nightclub: Sing Sing
- 1 Area to party with locals: RCA (Route 66 or Onyx)
- 1 Night Market: Ratchada Night Market
- 1 Pool Party: So Sofitel, Westin Hotel or W Hotel (there's usually one pool party each Saturday)
- 1 Iconic Party Street: Khaosan Road
- 1 Rooftop Bar: Octave at Marriott Sukhumvit Soi 57
- 1 Cocktail Bar: Havana Social
- 1 Red Light District: Soi Cowboy
- 1 Gentlemen Club: The PIMP Bangkok
With this, you have one of the best options (if not the best option) in each category and I can guarantee you will love each of these places.
Now for more options, here are my favorite places to go out in Bangkok:
Where to Find the Best Venues To Party in Bangkok?
It took me a while to figure out where are all the main venues, about 2 years to explore most of them and I'm in this industry and an alcoholic.
Truth is, a lot of content that pops up on Google is outdated, and it's hard to find a list of the actual cocktails bars, rooftop bars, clubs, gentlemen clubs, etc. as there's a ton of them that open and close all the time.
So long story short, I've made my own list with Bangkok hottest nightlife venues, updated weekly with the last discovery from my friends, clients, and myself:
Enjoy and don't forget to save it for future use: Bangkok Party Guide Map
Bangkok Nightlife For Singles
Bangkok is one, if not the best city in the world for singles.
From the abundance of bars and clubs, to the thousands of beautiful single Thai girls everywhere, it is paradise for singles.
Here are some guides to help you find a sexy companion for the night and impress it on your first date.
Bangkok Nightlife Stories
I've been lucky to organize private parties and trips to Thailand for a living.
Add to this my passion for good drinks (alcoholism) and you know the reason why I've been to so many clubs and bars in Bangkok.
Anyway, if you want to know where to party in Bangkok and you've got the opportunity to stay here a while, here are some of my experiences and recommendations:
Where to Find What's Happening in Bangkok At Night?
Bangkok Nightlife is amazing but with so much happening all the time, it's often hard to keep up with all the events.
These 3 websites are really great to find out where to go out in Bangkok on any given night:
- BangkokNightlife.com : They are working hard to offer you an up to date list of the best venues and parties in Bangkok. Their website is full of tips, guides, and maps as well as lists of bars, clubs and more...
- Siam2nite : they're covering most parties, music festivals, and clubs in Bangkok. Usually, they have an up to date list of festivals, international DJs, pool parties, and concerts in the city.
- BK Magazine : They review almost every bar, club, restaurant, and cafe in the city. They also make a post every Friday that sum up all the interesting events for the upcoming weekend.
The first 2 have Facebook and Instagram accounts that are updated daily so don't forget to follow them if you don't want to miss the latest about what's going on in Bangkok.
Bangkok Nightlife Tips
First time exploring Bangkok nightlife?
Here's everything you should know before you head out:
- You need to be over 20 in most clubs. Bring an ID to prove it. (Any national ID would do, driving license, passport...). Copies on your phone usually work in most places but a few will refuse it.
- Dress code is "No tank tops, no shorts, no flip flops". I see a lot of people getting confused because they were staying in Khaosan Road (where most venues don't have a dress code), and they've been traveling to Thailand in cities where nobody cares about how they're dressed. Bangkok is not the same as Pattaya, Phuket or Koh Phangan. No beach here and it's not a cheap place either. So expect most clubs and high-end bars and rooftop bars to have a strict dress code. (But yes, you can wear sneakers 👟)
- Most bars and clubs close at 2 am. So go out early. There's a few late night clubs and bars in Bangkok, but most venues close at 2 am.
- Bangkok is getting expensive. Again, Khaosan Road is the exception. But in some places, you can easily have to spend 400฿ ($12) for a drink in a cocktail bar and 4 000฿ ($127) for a regular bottle of vodka in some clubs. So if you're on a budget, pick your spots carefully.
- Don't take taxis in front of clubs and bars. Because most of them, if not all of them, will refuse to put on the meter. Walk a few hundred meters and stop one in the street that will put the meter. Or use an app like Grab (the equivalent of Uber in Asia).
- Bangkok is safe. For both guys and girls. Inside clubs and bars, you will almost never see a fight or someone losing their temper. Most people here, and Asians in general, are really easy going. Walking alone at night isn't an issue either.
Now tell me in the comments what's your favorite place to go out in Bangkok?
And what venue or things you want me to write about next? 🐵