Bangkok Nightlife Guide
I know Bangkok can be really overwhelming at times.
It's especially true when you talk about Bangkok Nightlife as there's always new bars and clubs opening all the time.
But let's look at the bright side, whatever you're into, you'll find it in the city of angels.
Festivals, Cocktail Bars, Rooftop Bars, Night Markets, International DJ/Artists, guest bartenders, Live Bands...
Bangkok have something for every occasion, all types of parties and for every budgets.
So if like me you love to party, welcome to heaven and follow my guide of Bangkok Nightlife to have the best experience.
Let's start with some tips
First time exploring Bangkok nightlife ?
Here's everything you should know about it :
- You need to be over 20 in most clubs. Get an ID to prove it. (Any national ID would do, driving licence, passport...). Copies on your phone usually work in most places but a few will refuse it.
- No tank tops, no shorts, no flip flops. I see a lot of people getting confused because they were staying in Khaosan Road (where most venues don't have a dress code), and they've been traveling to Thailand in cities where nobody cares about how they're dressed. It's not Pattaya, Phuket or Koh Phangan here guys. Bangkok is not a beach city and not a cheap place either. So expect most clubs and high end bars and rooftop bars to have a strict dress code. (But yes, you can wear sneakers 👟)
- Go out early, as most of the clubs and bars close at 2am. There's a few late night clubs and bars in Bangkok, but most venues close at 2am.
- Bangkok is getting expensive. Again, Khaosan Road being the exception. But in some places you can easily have to spend 400฿ (12$) for a drink in a cocktail bar and 4 000฿ (127$) for a bottle of vodka in some clubs. So if you're on a budget, pick your spots carefully.
- Don't take taxis in front of clubs and bars. Because most of them, if not all of them, will refuse to put on the meter. Walk a few hundred meters and stop one in the street that will put the meter. Or use an app like Grab (the equivalent of Uber in Asia).
- Bangkok is safe. For both guys and girls. Inside clubs and bars you will almost never see a fight or someone losing their temper. Most people here and asians in general are really easy going. Walking alone at night isn't an issue either.
What's the best place to party in Bangkok?
Now that we're done with the basics, let's get to the point.
In my opinion, if you're in Bangkok for only a few days and you want to see as much as you can, here's the places I would pick with no hesitation :
- 1 Club : Sing Sing
- 1 Area with more locals : RCA (Route 66 or Onyx)
- 1 Night Market : Ratchada Night Market
- 1 Pool Party : So Sofitel, Westin Hotel or W Hotel (there's usually one pool party each Saturday)
- 1 Cheap Party : Khaosan Road
- 1 Rooftop Bar : Octave at Marriott Sukhumvit Soi 57
- 1 Cocktail Bar : Havana Social
- 1 Red Light District : Soi Cowboy
- 1 Gentlemen Club : The PIMP Bangkok
With this you have one of the best option (if not the best option) in each category and I can guarantee you will love each of this place.
Now for more options, here is :
Where to find what's going in Bangkok ?
Bangkok Nightlife is amazing but with so much happening all the time, it's often hard to stay on top of all the events.
This 3 websites are really great to find out where to go out in Bangkok in any give week :
- Siam2nite : they're covering most parties, music festivals and clubs in Bangkok. Usually they have an up to date list of festivals, international Djs, pool parties and concerts in the city.
- BK Magazine : They review almost every bars, clubs, restaurants, cafe, you name it, in the city. They also make a post every Friday that sum up all the interesting events for the upcoming weekend.
- MojoSons.com : a bit of self promotion here. We're working on bringing you an up to date list of venues and parties in Bangkok and soon Thailand. That include some tips, maps as well as lists of bars, clubs and more...
The first 2 have facebook and instagram accounts that are updated daily so between those 2 it should be easy to find what's going on in Bangkok when you're there.
Where to find the best bars, clubs... ?
It took me a while to figure out where are are all the main venues, about 2 years to explore most of them and I'm in this industry and an alcoholic.
Truth is, a lot of content that pop up on Google is outdated and its hard to find a list of the actual cocktails bars, rooftop bars, clubs, gentlemen clubs, etc. as there's a ton of them that open and close all the time.
So long story short, I've made my own list with Bangkok hottest nightlife venues, updated weekly with the last discovery from my friends, clients and myself :
- Save it in your favorites: Bangkok Party Guide Map
I've been lucky to organize private parties and trips in Thailand for a living.
Add to this my passion for good drinks (alcoholism) and you know the reason why I've been to so many clubs and bars in Bangkok.
Anyway, if you want to know where to party in Bangkok and you've got the opportunity to stay here a while, here are some of my experiences and recommendations :
- My first time in a gentlemen club at the PIMP Bangkok
- A 1 day stag party itinerary in Bangkok
- 15 Ideas for a Bachelor Party in Bangkok
Last posts on Bangkok Nightlife
Now tell me in the comments what's your favorite place to party in Bangkok and what sort of venues you want me to write about next. 🐵