If you think you need a fancy gym and crazy workout program to get in shape, I've got good news for you: You don't.
Many workout apps like Fizzup make it easy for everyone to exercise anywhere, anytime, with simple personalized workout programs that don't require any equipment.
And I believe for most people who want to get back in shape, stay in shape or lose weight without spending hours at the gym or lifting heavy weights, that's one of the best workout app available.
Let me explain.
- Do you need an app to workout ?
- Why I use Fizzup ?
- Why Fizzup over other workout apps ?
- Who can use Fizzup ?
- Fizzup Premium
- Pros and Cons
- About the Nutrition tab
- Fizzup Review : main takeaways
- Download Fizzup App
- More about Fizzup
Do you need an app to workout ?
If you’re reading this post I guess it’s probably because you think you need an app to plan your workout.
And truth be told, you don’t really.
For years I did bodyweight workouts without using any app.
I used the Lafay Method, online tutorials, random exercises, tried a few diets... and it worked just fine.
What most apps are not gonna teach you is to stay consistent, motivated, and how to do the exercises properly.
That's why I would recommend to anyone who starts or want to get back in shape to get a gym buddy or a gym membership where you have access to a proper coach.
Use that initial motivation when you do your new year resolution or when you want to work on your summer body to start the right way and learn the basics.
From my experience, your chances to succeed are better if you can connect with someone who has some experience to teach you the basics.
At least to get started.
And then add a fitness app to your routine.
But don’t bet all your success on the app you use.
Your success in fitness (and anything else) is on you.
You need hard work and consistency. No app is gonna give you that.
That’s for my 2 cents on workout apps.
Now let’s talk about what you came for, Fizzup.
Why I use Fizzup ?
I think I only went to gyms a dozen times in my life.
Does that mean I never work out or I'm out of shape? Absolutely not.
Since I'm 18, so for over 10 years now, I’ve been exercising almost daily and with (almost) only bodyweight exercises.
I've started with the Lafay Method back in the days and that gave me all the basic knowledge to start my journey into fitness. (nutrition, rest, intensity, stretching... that book cover a lot of different areas)
But the one I’ve been sticking to for the longest time is Fizzup.
Probably because it's a no brainer.
It's easy to use and it has a large variety of workouts and exercises with no equipment.
That and the way the app makes things simple.
All you have to do before your workout is:
- Open the app
- Pick your program (or let the virtual coach do it for you)
- Press play
You don't need to go to the gym, to get your equipment ready, you don't even need to dress to workout if you don't want to.
This way you don't have any reason to come up with an excuse.
Why Fizzup over other workout apps ?
As I said, I’ve tried a bunch of fitness apps but the only one I’ve been loyal to for more than 8 years now is Fizzup.
Is it because it’s a French app? No
Is it because it’s one of the cheapest? Yes and no. 😁
So why then?
There are a few things that make Fizzup one of the best fitness apps:
- 💪Bodyweight exercises
- I don’t train with weights (most of the time). And as most people don’t have access to a gym or the budget to pay for a membership and / or equipment, training with bodyweight exercises is perfect to remove a bunch of excuses from the equation. Plus, for most people it gets the job done. It’s enough to stay in shape and feel great, with really low risks of injuries.
- 🏋️♀️With or without equipment
- In Fizzup you also have workout programs that use some equipment, like dumbbells, a dips rack, a pull-up bar or even a kettlebell. But you can choose whether you want a program that uses equipment or not. That's great when you travel when you're injured when you don't have access to a gym or when you simply don't want to use any equipment.
- Variety of exercises
- Some would think it’s easy to get bored with only bodyweight workout programs. The answer is no if you have the right app. Fizzup has a large variety of exercises and between the different programs and the different optional workouts (“focus”, “cardio”, “challenge”, “stretching” "yoga" and more) you have access to a ton of options and you never feel like you are always doing the same thing over and over.
- Personalized workout programs
- That’s in my eyes another key feature of Fizzup. Where some apps will tell you to do 50 reps of each exercise, without knowing how fit you are, Fizzup workout programs start with an evaluation. It gives you a few exercises and tells you to do the maximum repetitions for each. According to your max number of reps, the app adapts the difficulty of the program and the number of reps for your next workouts.
- 🤖Press and play
- You don't have to think about what exercises, how many reps you should do, or how much rest you need to take. You open the app, you click on the workout of the day and you start. The app tells you what to do and take care of everything else for you.
These key features are in my eyes what make Fizz Up different from the other fitness apps I've tried and one that will suit most people.
When with other apps or workout programs you need to think about the exercises you need to do, the number of reps, the time your rest, to go to the gym, to buy the equipment...
With Fizzup all you have to do is to put on your shorts, open the app, and follow the instructions.
That's it. 🙂
And I've seen it work for a bunch of people, from people who use to go to the gym a few times a week, to my mum who never exercised before.
Who can use Fizzup ?
Fizzup is really for everyone.
Whether you've used workout apps in the past or not, you're already a gym addict or you have never workout in your life.
This app is for you.
I use it, my mum uses it, my girlfriend uses it, my friend who is 40 and finally decided to take care of himself use it, my friend in his 30s who travel a lot use it (in his hotel room), my best friend who have only 30 minutes before work each day use it...
And the least I can say is we all have different levels of fitness and goals.
Because the app has a large variety of workout programs and the difficulty adapts to what you're capable of, no matter where you're starting from, you will benefit from it.
With Fizzup you can choose programs to lose weight, improve your endurance, your athleticism, your cardio... they really have a wide range of options.
It's perfect for people who want something simple, that focus on the whole body and doesn't need much to get started.
It's great for anyone who wants to get some physical activity, stay in shape, and have more energy.
Fizzup is also cheap and flexible enough to adapt to your routine and allow you to train anytime, anywhere.
Fizzup has a free version that gives you access to a few programs and a paid version that unlock all workout programs and other types of exercises.
And even if the free version is good to get an idea of what Fizzup offers, you will need the premium version to really see how complete it is.
But you don't have to break the bank for that, Fizzup is cheap and the value you get from it is incredible.
If you take a 1-year membership, for example, it comes down to only 7,50€ per month.
Not an expensive price to pay to stay in shape when you compare it to the price of a gym membership.
- 3 Months - 34.97€
- 6 Months - 58.99€
- 1 Year - 89.99€
Fizzup often runs promotions during the year.
There's usually have a big one for Black Friday, one for Christmas and one right after the new year.
So if you buy your premium membership at the right time you can get a really sweet deal.
I think I pay around 60€ for 1 year at the moment.
So keep an eye on it.
Try Fizzup for FREE for 1 Month
Fizzup reached out to me after I wrote this review and offered to give you guys 1 FREE MONTH to try the premium version.
The code is P1M-XRA3ZE27 and is valid until December 30.
To activate it :
- Go to fizzup.com in your browser
- Create or login your account
- At the top right of the screen, click on the menu, then "Settings"
- Click on "Manage Account"
- Under "Subscription", click on "Activate a Gift Code"
- Enter the code P1M-XRA3ZE27
Pros and Cons
To sum up, here's what you should know about Fizzup.
👍 Pros :
- Easy to use
- For men and women
- For beginners and pros
- Lots of different programs
- Bodyweight exercises
- No equipment required
- Focus on the whole body
- Complete workouts (cardio, strength, stretching...)
- No brainer
- Premium version affordable
👎 Cons :
- Small community
- No groups or challenge between members in the app
Except for the social part of the app that could be more developed, there's really a lot to like about Fizzup.
And even though I understand it's not the favorite app of most gym fanatics who just want to lift heavy and beat themselves at the gym, for the average Joe that just want to stay in shape and work out a few hours a week, there's no workout program or app that is more cost-effective.
About the Nutrition tab
I know that I didn’t talk about the nutrition part of the app.
Even though the app name is FizzUp - Online Fitness & Nutrition Coaching on app stores.
Not because I don’t like the nutrition part or because I don't want to talk about it, but because I’ve never used it.
I don’t cook, my girlfriend does.
And as we live in Thailand we prefer to use local ingredients that sometimes are not in the app.
So we don’t use it.
To be honest, I don't calculate what I eat either. Even though I should.
But if you have some experience with the nutrition part of the app or know someone who does, I’ll be happy to share your experience in this post.
Send me an email with your feedback about it.
I'll definitely share it in this post.
Fizzup Review : main takeaways
There's a lot to like about Fizzup.
I really believe it's one of the best workout apps out there right now.
Mainly because the app doesn't require any equipment or previous fitness experience, adapts to your level, and is super easy for anyone to use.
And you can use it to workout anywhere and anytime.
So you don't have any excuse!
Now, to give you an idea of what you can achieve with the app, here's my shape with only bodyweight workouts from Fizzup.
Yes and that's for those who don't workout a lot that the app is the best. With Fizzup you can start working out in minutes, for free and with no equipment. And the program will automatically adapt to your level to help you progress.
That's the only right way to take full advantage of Fizzup App and to really progress. Plus, it's not that expensive compared to other workout apps or the price of a gym membership.
Download Fizzup App
At the end of the day, who cares if it’s the best fitness app for me or not as long as it works for you.
The app is available for free and for Android and iOS users.
You can download it on the App Store or Play Store now and give it a try.
Start getting in shape today and let me know how you like it.
You can also add me: "Matthieu Chauveau” or "Mojomatt" on the friend's tab and leave me your name in the comments so I can add you and kick your ass when you "forget" to train. 😉
More about Fizzup
To learn more about Fizzup, check their website, or follow them on Facebook or Instagram.
Glad to see you've made it till the end of my review of Fizzup.
To learn more about workout routines and diet, you can check my "Dummy Recipe" to learn my tips to stay in shape.
Now if you have any questions about the app, please feel free to ask me anything in the comments below.
And if you've tried Fizzup already, let me know what you think about it.