AsianDating Review: Over 4.5 Millions Asian Singles On The App!
AsianDating.com is one of the biggest dating sites for singles in Asia, and singles from all over the world looking for an Asian boyfriend or girlfriend.
And on paper, it does looks like the best place to meet Asian singles.
The site count over 4.5 million members, with most of its users from America, Europe, Thailand, China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
But how easy is it to use?
How does it compare to other Asian dating websites?
Can you really land a date for free on AsianDating?
That's what we're gonna see in this review.
- Why Join AsianDating ?
- Sign Up On ThaiCupid
- Searching for Singles On AsianDating
- Dating Profiles
- Asian Dating App (Android Only)
- AsianDating Membership
- What I Think Of AsianDating
Why Join AsianDating ?
There are a few things that set AsianDating apart from the competition.
- A niche dating website for Asian Singles. There's no shortage of dating websites but there's only a few of them dedicated to dating in Asia. Asiandating makes it easy for anyone to find Asians singles, and for Asians singles to find partners interested in their culture.
- Over 4.5 million members. If dating is a numbers game, that's enough to put all the odds in your favor. And the site is pretty active as from this 4.5 million registered users, you usually have around 3,000 members online on average.
- Detailed dating profiles. Perfect for anyone looking for something specific, especially for a serious relationship. It makes it easy to find someone that matches all your expectations (culture, body, religion, lifestyle...).
- Advanced matching. Given the level of details on each profile, it gives Asiandating a lot of data to provide accurate matches to their members.
Sign Up On ThaiCupid
Signing up on AsianDating is pretty simple and only takes a few minutes.
First, you need to provide basic information about yourself such as your name, age, sex, and what you're looking for.
The next step is to complete the creation of your account using either your email address or Facebook account.
Then you will be asked to add a photo and to complete your profile description.
At this point, you can skip the part where you need to complete your entire profile and move on to searching dates right away.
But if you want to get the most out of your time on the site, a detailed profile will definitely help you to get noticed and receive more messages.
You will see that completing your profile is quite fast as most of the questions have already a list of options for you to choose from.
Then add a short description of yourself to catch the attention of singles passing by, and you're ready to go.
With your profile completed, it's time to move to the next step and start the fun part: looking for sexy Asian singles.
Searching for Singles On AsianDating
Browsing the app is one of the best things about Asiandating because the site offers a lot of filters to find the perfect date quickly.
You can search for singles by country, appearance, education, and get really specific to find the right person for you.
And there's no shortage of profiles on the app.
So actually, the more specific you get, the better chances you have.
As for those who don't have the time to browse through this sea of singles, the matching feature is there to connect you with singles that are close to what you're looking for.
But even though all this sounds great in theory, keep in mind that some of these advanced filters, as well as the advanced matching, is reserved to premium members only.
Free users still have access to most of the advanced search filters (see above) but things quickly get complicated when it's time to make contact.
With a free account, you can save people you like as favorites and send them messages, but only premium users will be able to see what's in your messages and answer them.
As a free user, you can see who likes you, see all the profiles, send interest to the ones you like, see you've got messages, but you will need to upgrade to a premium account to start the discussion.
Quite a hard sell if you ask me, but at least you can do some window shopping and see what Asiandating is like for free.
The level of details on Asiandating profiles is really the best part about that dating website (and the other ones edited by Cupidmedia).
That clearly sets it as the dating site of choice for those looking for serious connections and lasting relationships.
That's where all the information proved to be the most useful.
With Asiandating detailed profiles, you can learn a lot about each single on the site:
- Appearance (Height, weight, hair color, eye color, body type, ethnicity...)
- Lifestyle (Drinking and smoking habits, if they have children or not, if they want some, employment, income...)
- Background and Cultural Values (Education, languages spoken, religion, star sign...)
While all these details might not be as important when you look for something casual, that's key if you want to find love online.
And that's what you get on Asiandating.com, really detailed dating profiles for those who know what they want and more importantly, what they don't want.
Asian Dating App (Android Only)
Android users can download Asiandating on the Play Store to stay active on the go.
The app has all the same functionalities as the website, including the advanced search filters, the long list of information on each profile, advanced matching, and the in-app chat.
As for iOS users, unfortunately, there's no app for them at the moment.
iPhone and iPad owners need to save the website to their favorite and stick to its mobile version.
Even though Asiandating is free to use and allows you to browse through all the profiles with some of the advanced search filters on a free account, switching to a premium one is almost mandatory to land a date.
It's simple, only those with a membership (Gold or Platinum) can send unlimited messages to free and premium members.
Without that, good luck to arrange a real-life date if you can't see the messages you received and have the possibility to answer.
That being said, the membership comes with a bunch of features that make it worth the money (except for the 1-month subscription).
Asiandating offer 2 types of membership:
- Gold, that allows you to send and receive unlimited messages, remove the ads, and give you the option to browse anonymously.
- Platinum, that comes with all the features of the gold membership as well as bigger profile space in search results, advanced matching, and unlimited in-chat translation.
- 1 month - $29.98
- 3 months - $20/month ($59.99 total)
- 12 months - $10/month ($119.98 total)
- 1 month - $34.99
- 3 months - $23.33/month ($69.98 total)
- 12 months - $15/month ($149.99 total)
You can pay for the membership by credit/debit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express...), Paypal, and Skrill.
Yes, Asiandating is a legit dating website. It has over 4,5 million singles trusting them and has established himself as a staple in the industry with over 10 years of activity.
On top of that, Asiandating is edited by Cupidmedia group, one of the leaders in niche dating with over 30 websites in their portfolio.
Asiandating starts at $29.98 for a 1-month subscription and offers prices as low as $10 per month with a 12 months commitment.
Log in your Asiandating account, go to Settings, Upgrade Membership, and choose the type of membership and duration that suit you best.
Log in your Asiandating account, go to Settings, Profile Settings, and Switch Off Profile.
What I Think Of AsianDating
That's it for my review of Asiandating.com.
In short, there's a lot to like about this dating app:
- Perfect to find Asian lovers
- Detailed profiles
- Large and active community
- Advanced search
- Advance matching function
The only thing frustrating about this dating app is they don't allow you to send messages on the free version.
So let's be honest, you will need a premium account to really land a date on Asiandating.com.
That being said, what you got with the membership is actually a really good value if you're serious about finding someone, especially on a 3 or 6 months subscription.
If you're interested in dating in Thailand and want some tips about dating online in Thailand, and Asia in general, you can read my post here.
Over to you now.
Have you tried Asiandating?
What do you think about it?
Or are you considering it and still hesitating?
Share your experience or ask me questions in the comments below.